How To Obtain A Work Permit

  • In most cases, Work Permits can be done by email or over the phone.  Please call the Superintendent's Office or email one of the Administrative Assistants to get started.

    • Superintendent's Office 508-675-1195
    • Amanda Silveira,
    • Marlene Santos,

    The required information will be taken over the phone/email and the Work Permit will be emailed to you or a parent.  Please note, you may be required to e-mail any required documentation prior to receiving the work permit.  See below for more specific information. 

    Work Permits may also be obtained by visiting the Office of the Superintendent in the School Administration Building. 

Work Permit Required Documentation

    • Student must have obtained a job first.  Permits are issued for a specific employer.
    • An Employment Permit Application/Promise of Employment form (see below) must be filled out for students aged 14 & 15. For 16 & 17 year olds, an Employment Permit Application/Promise of Employment form may be filled out but is not required.  
    • Work permits are issued for employers in Massachusetts.  If a student changes jobs, they need to obtain a new work permit.  Contact a Rhode Island school district for information about obtaining a work permit for Rhode Island.
    • Students attending school outside of Swansea Public Schools, Diman or Bristol Aggie must present a formal letter of attendance from their school.
    • The student must sign the work permit, and a copy must be on file with the Superintendent's Office, in order for it to be valid.

    For questions, please call the Office of the Superintendent or refer to the website for more information.