Work permits during COVID-19 closure:
The Swansea School Administration building is currenty closed to the public except by appointment for emergency business.
Work Permits can be done by email or over the phone. Please phone 508-675-1195 or email one of the Administrative Assistants to get started.
Amanda Silveira email@example.com
Marlene Santos firstname.lastname@example.org
The required information can be taken over the phone/email and the Work permit will be emailed to you or a parent. Please note, you may be required to e-mail any required documentation for validation prior to receiving the work permit. See below for more specific information.
How to Obtain a Work Permit
Work Permits may be obtained in the Office of the Superintendent at the School Administration building.
Some important points of note:
- Student must have obtained a job first. Permits are issued for a specific employer.
- An Employment Permit Application/Promise of Employment form must be filled out for students aged 14 & 15. For 16 & 17 year olds, an Employment Permit Application/Promise of Employment form may be filled out but is not required.
- The student must be present to sign the work permit. Permits cannot be given to or picked up by parents.
- Work permits are issued for employers in Massachusetts. If a student changes jobs, they need to obtain a new work permit. Contact a Rhode Island school district for information about obtaining a work permit for Rhode Island.
- Students attending school outside of Swansea Public Schools, Diman or Bristol Aggie must present a formal letter of attendance from their school.
For questions, please call the Office of the Superintendent at 508-675-1195 or refer to the Mass.gov website for more information about how to obtain a work permit.